This position is responsible to use the selling process to execute the sales plan for the assigned sales region of Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia for our Emergency Vehicle business.
- Implement the selling process for the region and ensure the vehicle sales plans for new build, stock, and demo vehicles are met.
- Tactical planning and implementation of new business development. Planning activities, which include researching prospects, prospecting new leads, specification process, estimating, quotation creation, negotiating and closing contracts.
- Develop bid specific success criteria, using competitive intelligence, analyze elements of bids, and provide recommendations on pricing.
- Develop deliberate daily, weekly and monthly call and travel plans to accomplish the sales plan. This position will require 50 to 80% travel, some overnight/some day trips.
- Maintains all activity records in the CRM database, maintains accurate call notes, deal milestones, schedule of future calls and closing dates, quotes and orders.
- Represent/participate and lead during customer inspections of vehicles and plant tours.
- Implement state marketing strategies and provide feedback for the company marketing plan.
- New business development by researching potential customers of emergency vehicles, prospecting potential customers, presenting our products and service capabilities and developing new relationships, working through the customer’s bid specifications to get qualified in specifications, culminating in preparing written quotes for submittal.
- Develops and maintains good personal relationships with customer representatives.
- Customer service/retention through long-term interaction and positive relationships and maintains long-term relationships with clients by ongoing communication with parts, maintenance and repairs of vehicles sold.
- Participate in sales forecasting, prepare reports of actual vs. forecasted sales and progress of target customer expansion, analyze performance vs. plan in Territory.
- Represent company at regional and national trade events to maintain visibility in the industry.
- Spend time and effort to learn and maintain up-to-date product knowledge to be a subject matter expert on vehicles and equipment to our customers.
- 2-5 years of successful sales experience in emergency or specialty vehicles.
- Must have excellent presentation skills and ability to apply specific knowledge from EMS/fire/rescue industry.
- Must have good negotiations skills, countering objections and closing skills to get the order.
- Knowledge of competitors, ambulance products and component assemblies.
- Able to work independently, time management and achieve goals without supervision.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with coworkers and customers.
- A high level of ability with spreadsheets, group calendars and CRM software that the company may use to organize and keep records of sales activities and results.
- Must have good lead prospecting and excellent relationship building skills and abilities.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, blueprints, assembly drawing, schematics and other written or verbal instructions in English.
- Must maintain a polished and professional image and manner with all customers to represent the company in a professional way.
- Valid Driver License and good driving record to qualify for insurance.
Type: Full Time, Salaried, Exempt
Location: Home-based, frequent (50-80%) travel required, some overnight, some day
Compensation: Base plus commission
Benefits: Group health insurance plan
If interested; send email/resume to Info@ssvsales.com